Did you hear about the shooting in Conn?

MANCHESTER, Conn. – A warehouse driver who was asked to resign his job at a beer distributor refused, then opened fire Tuesday morning, a company executive said. Police said the gunman and several other people were killed and others were wounded, one critically.

Authorities were notifying victims' relatives before confirming the number of deaths, state police Lt. J. Paul Vance said.

At least one person died at Hartford Hospital, spokeswoman Michaela Donnelly said. Another victim taken there was in critical condition, and one was in fair condition, she said.

Why so many workplace shootings??

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100803/ap_on_re_us/us_beer_distributor_shootings

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Why do women get accused of being so emotional and crazy? We don't shoot up the office when we have a shitty day at work! Maybe it's because, living in a paternalistic society, we're used to having shitty days so we've learned to deal.

IDK...it seems like middle-aged white dudes are becoming weirder and crazier with each passing day.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Ever watch the show "Snapped" on the Oxygen channel?! People become overwhelmed for whatever reason, they become delusional, and lose their conscience and ability to have rational thoughts!!

I wouldn;t be surprised if this trucker was having financial difficulties or about ot lose his home, marital problems, trouble with his children, and this job was the only thing holding everything together.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I heard of it this moring sad and tragic :( My prayers are with the family
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• People do find stability in work so if that is all he had I can see why he lost it. Very sad for the victims.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm local, so yes. I've heard 7 died including the shooter but I'm not sure how accurate that is. So sad...
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Why so many workplace shootings? This is the first one I've heard of in a LONG time.

Although, just last night on the news there were about 3 shootings in 'da hood! Sadly, seems like that is a normal nightly news report.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 1:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Why so many workplace shootings?

This is the first one I've heard of in a LONG time. Although, just last night on the news there were about 3 shootings in 'da hood! Sadly, seems like that is a normal nightly news report.

There was one in Pittsburg a couple weeks ago

There have been 12 shootings in just July that I know about

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 1:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Huh? more or less sad? I don't get your question. They are equally tragic.

Your OP was "Why so many workplace shootings?" Well, I said I haven't heard of many and that they aren't as frequent as daily violence in the streets. Why so many shootings (drive-by, just walking by, etc)?
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 2:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• There are not that many, it's just when there are it's well known thanks to the media. These days there are a lot of stressed people out there. Not so hard to snap.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• The financial stress is overwhelming for many who rely on paycheck by paycheck to pay their bills... when that fails, fear comes in and rational thoughts disappear. Sometimes people get through it and sometimes they just completely snap. It is not just in the work place but in homes, on the streets and other places as well.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2010