Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I seriously need some help on this one...

I'm almost 50 yrs old & have always been a perfectionist.And it's now driving me crazy.It's held me back in so many things.I'm going to school & one of my classes is keyboarding.It's slowing me down cuz I need to go back and see if I made any mistakes which slows down my GWAM, which is my word per minutes.How do I stop?


Asked by bvannkissy at 12:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Health

Level 18 (5,409 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • To keep yourself in check when typing you need to keep each hand on a group of letters. for example the left hand needs to be postioned exactly as such pinkie on a, next finger, s, next finger d, next finger f, and then your other hand pinkie , next finger ; next finger l, next finger k, and next finger j. Each of these fingers must come back to those resting places to keep you from making typing errors. That what was taught by typing teacher ages ago. She made a point of saying that by using that level as a guide for your typing your fingers eventually get to know when you are making serious typing errors. You always reach for the other keys from that level. This teacher has been teaching for well over twenty five years.

    Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

  • Don't look at the screen while you are typing. Just look at the document you are typing up.

    Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

  • breath

    Answer by kathy067j at 12:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

  • But that is not the only area it is affecting.It never used to bother me when I was younger but seems like it's running my life.It's not something compulsive.It's like my dishwasher has to be loaded the right way,my towels folded the way I've always folded them.Things that are really bugging me but nobody else.

    Comment by bvannkissy (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

  • You have gone this long without being able to fix this yourself. Ask your family doctor for a referral to a behavioral therapist.

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

  • Wow...a behavioral therapist? That is really scary.I hate going to a therapist.I'd like to talk with someone who has the same - or had the same thing - I'm fighting with now. Thanks rkoloms. I see my DR. in a few weeks.

    Comment by bvannkissy (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Aug. 4, 2010