Does anyone do counted cross stitching? What is your favorite thing to make?

plclemo

Asked by plclemo at 12:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I really like cross stitching baby quilts especially with the stamped print already on it. There are many patterns to choose from but many I've done have specific themes printed on them. It's fun to do.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I use to. I always made nursery blankets or throws for wedding presents. I haven't done any cross stitch since my vision began to succumb to the ravages of time. Now I have macular degeneration, so cross stitch is too difficult.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I LOVE counted cross stitching! Most of the things I've done in the past 30 years have been given as gifts and it's just recently that I've started doing things for myself. I've made quilt squares, towels, bookmarks, wall hangings, and pillows. I think my favorites, though, are Christmas ornaments.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I made birth samplers for both of my kids.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I haven't done Counted Cross Stitch in ages. I used to do beautiful items to be framed, and I also did an entire village of Victorian Houses made from plastic canvas. (Been Crocheting and Knitting of late!)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I am working on a photo of Jack sparrow for my DS ... what was I thinking about 200 different colors and so many stitiches. He is 13 I am hoping he waits till he is 35 to get married and I will give it to them as a baby shower gift... RFLOL
    Wittyprncess

Answer by Wittyprncess at 4:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2010