Do you ever get annoyed when your mothers gives you the brush off?

lil_Army_Wife05

Asked by lil_Army_Wife05 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• My Mother yes because she would just as soon talk to her ex husband my dad then any of her own 4 kids
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes. Mine does this until she needs a favor,then she's your best friend!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Brush you off how?? like not show up for plans? or just stops calling and coming over?? No, my mother is very involved with us and I am thankful for her so much
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Like when I call my mom, here lately she has been giving me the brush off. She is too busy watching her soaps, ect.....now mind you my mother is 1900 miles away from me. So I do not get to see her much. My mom is a big part of my life but it seems when she gets around a certain family member she tends to give me the brush off like I do not matter much at the moment. But if I don't call her for a while she will than call and say " OMG" you okay? I am like yes, why? Well I haven't heard from you lately, and I am like well everytime I try to talk to you you don't want to talk to me. After she is done with this certain family member or should I say after the certain family member is DONE using my mother than my mother will start talking to me. I am just really annoyed at the moment.
    lil_Army_Wife05

Comment by lil_Army_Wife05 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My mom doesn't give me the brush off REALLY but here recently all she's wanted to talk about is my little sister. And that annoys me - because I'm tired of discussing my little sister and her stupid, reckless choices.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• no sometime i cant stand my mother but i love her & she is always there for me when i need her
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No but I get annoyed when my adult dd gives me the brush off and only calls when she needs something

Answer by admckenzie at 2:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes, my mother disowned me due to my brother poisoning her mind about me. She didnt even ask me if these things were true she just believed him. I have not talked to them in 5 years.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 3:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Thankfully, that has never happened to me.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Just remember that she loves you, and any moment you might lose that. I lost my mom just last week, and I wish I could have any contact. Just tell your mom that you love her and miss her and that you want to talk before it's too late.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:35 AM on Aug. 4, 2010