What should i do to stop my baby's crying i tried everything diaper, pacifier, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my son was 3 months old he started screaming/crying all the time for a couple of hours at a time. We took him to the ER several times because we were worried...it turns out he had lots of gas..lol so I took one of those receiving blankets from the hospital and put several drops of water on it and put it in the microwave to warm it up and i would wrap it around his belly and put him on my shoulder...the pressure from my shoulder and the heat from the warmed blanket did the trick everytime. Make sure to not use a heating pad though the Dr told me horror stories of a woman almost killing her baby bc of it...but he said the blanket was always fine...good luck!!
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 1:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Is she hungry? Diaper Rash, put on Desitin. Hold her/swaddle her. They cry for a reason. Fever?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Mylicon for gas.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Hold her,pat her back and walk around with her. Sit in a rocking chair or glider with her.Lay her across your knees on her belly and gently pat her back.Try singing softly to her or putting on some soft music.Take her for a ride in the car.Take her for a walk in the stroller.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If you have tried everything, sounds like it may be gas. Try getting a heating pad. Put it on the lowest heat possible, but a blanket over it and lay your baby on her belly and rub her back. That may help. Good luck!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• mylacon drops, swaddle, rock warm bath. All these things helped out when my baby had colic!!!
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 2:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• having more information def. would help to get better answers, like for starters, do you breastfeed or formula feed?
    I will assume it's a breastfed baby and will encourage you to contact your local LaLeche leader right away. Follow this link http://www.llli.org/WebUS.html and find one near you and call her with your specific concern. THey are SO SO helpful, and FREE.

WHat worked for me personally, even when all else failed - either a warm bath with the baby (and nursing in the tub) or wrap her up in my wrap and go for a walk with a screaming baby - nurse as you go - this (fresh air, breast and wrapping) will calm down even the fussiest of the fussinators!
    go_romanovs

Answer by go_romanovs at 2:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If you've ruled out all the standard problems (diaper, hunger, discomfort etc) and there isn't a medical issue, then it could be just a stage your child has hit. Mothers for centuries were convinced there was a stage when babies just cried for no reason only to be told by medical professionals that was not the case. Low and behold, a few years ago, it was discovered that mothers were right after all. Imagine...LOL

Baby may be gassy. Could be colic or even hard stool. Try a lukewarm bath followed by a little baby massage. Hand over hand from top of the tummy downward applying slight pressure, very slight...see if that helps. Mylacon was a lifesaver when mine was an infant. Seemed everything made her gassy then.

Hope you find something that works. Nothing is worse than when the wee one is unhappy and there is nothing you do that seems to help.
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 3:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My son went through a phase like that for about a month. From one month to 2 months. It was like 2hr a day, usually in early evening. Google the colic cary, or colic hold. Thjat was the only thing that calmed him down.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Wear your baby, with a sling or other carrier.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2010