Do you ever question if you married the right man?

I know psychologically that you are not supposed to think about this, but after a good amount of years of marriage, I'm thinking I might have married for the wrong reasons. Anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I haven't married him yet.. but I have no doubt in my mind that he is the PERFECT guy for me..♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I think it would be more crazy if you did not question it..lol sometimes my husband drives me absolutely nuts!
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 1:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Nope, not for a single second! Without doubt I married the right man... I'm not really sure what the "right reasons" are, I believe marriage is purely a legal contract which gives legal benefits to the spouse in times of crisis - including Tax time... And those are the reasons we married... For me - right man - right reason...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Everyone questions things they do. You must think is the grass greener on the other side. I think not.

Especially if you are good together, an argument here and there, but love and support is what you need. Making things right if you feel they are wrong, and working together to bring the spark back.

Surprises work at well for the both of you, even if your the one surprising him... Good luck, the only way I could say anyone married the wrong person is if they are ABUSIVE TO ONE ANOTHER.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I came to grips with this years ago. Once I married my husband, it was forever settled. Even if I might could of found somebody whom I thought was better suited, the choice had been made and he was my husband for better or for worse. I married him when I was an 18-year old girl, and that was 45 1/2 years ago.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Generally speaking every type of relationships their are going to be some confrontation because of human difference. I believe every marriage has some rocky times so no matter who you are married to there is going to be something that is irritating or painful. The most important thing is the way you look at it. Look at the good in your relationship & remember why you did fall in love. Try to let go of illusions of who you want him to be. If you are getting abused in any form then you might want to reconsider.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 1:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes. Many times I wonder if I married the right guy or if I married for the right reasons.
    We have had a rough two years being married for many reasons, but we still love each other.
    I do love him, I do care about him, and I do enjoy being with him. However, there is always someone in the backround that makes me question whether I've made the right choice. Only time will tell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I think it's normal to think that when times are bad. It's when you think it all the time that there is a problem. There are going to be hard times. He's going to be a jackass some days. You'll have days where you're all over the place and he is completely confused by it. The one thing I don't believe in is the grass being greener on the other side. It isn't. I guess my question is what is leading you to question if he is the right one?
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I've been married 22 years and never once doubted my decision. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• well im not married yet but i hope when that day comes i be happy with the man i marry
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010