shake and bake\ frenchs fried onions

So I went threw my cupboards and took out all the old food that has been there for a while and put it in a box under the table, I am making meals out of that first to get rid of it--in there is one envelope of shake and bake and some frenchs fried onions, I was going to slice some potatoes, coat in egg wash and dip in shake and bake and crushed onions and bake, will that be good? Served with hamburgers instead of fries or chips?

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 1:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I've never tried that. I'm not sure if it will stick to the potatoes. Sounds good though.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It might not stick but you could spread them out and shake it on top.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• on potatoes???
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 2:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• interesting!
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 3:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• DH just made shake 'n' bake chicken with fried onions instead of shake 'n' bake. He put them in a Ziplock bag and crushed them a little with the rolling pin so they would be smaller and stick better. They were really good! I've also done shake 'n' bake with corn flakes (crushed a little) and rice krispies!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 4:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes I have made the chicken baked fried onion as well but I am baking the potatoes slices with shake and bake now it smells good and it stuck great!!
    blue_glass_mama

Comment by blue_glass_mama (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2010