what does a contraction feel like

i keep having a cramp that feels like a for lack of a better word poop cramp but i dont need to go and i have ttried, what does it mean or is it just me being paranoid.

Paige-0

Asked by Paige-0 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well, that's what they felt like for me... how far are you?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It feels like a horrible, horrible, horrible menstrual cramp but at the same time your uterus tightens up. Once that happens consistenly, every 2-3 minutes for I think at least an hour you're in real labor. Although it can be easy to mistaken Braxton Hicks for the real thing.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• That is what mine felt like....LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Pressure in lower ab all the way down towards my groin at times... Felt better (but still hurt) when I was standing/walking.. Hurt more when sitting... GOOD LUCK!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• im 2 days from 35 weeks and i havde had braxton hicks that hurt but the weird pain i have been having today is just throwing me off, i have a ob appointment tomorrow to check if im dialated and what not
    Paige-0

Comment by Paige-0 (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Bad period cramps, unless they give you Pitocin. Then there's no way to describe how painful the contractions are! Keep timing how often the pain is coming and going. You may be having back labor or just BH contractions. If it's consistent, you may be going in labor. When in doubt, go to the doc. The worse they can do is send you home, the best they can do is tell you you're ready to have your baby! It's always better to know for sure. I got sent home so many times from L&D that when I went in b/c my water broke, the lady at the desk asked me how I knew it was broken! I stood up from the wheelchair and was like,"Seriously?" lol Good luck and congrats mama!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010