Baby Daddy...

My daughter's father & I broke up when I was about 8 & 1/2 months prego. My daughter is now 10 months & her father & I have been doing more things together, just us & with the baby. He seems like he's really "grown" up a lot & we have a lot of fun when he comes over to see the baby & we go out. We talked about getting back together, but I really want to keep things civil between us for our daughters sake...& ours. I really think things could be different this time, & we've talked a little about it & just decided to let "nature take it's course"...lol. Our relatinonship before baby lasted for 2 years & was basically fueled by alcohol & partying. I've quit drinking, smoking, etc. since I found out I was prego last year & he has just recently (well, 5 months ago), & I know that was a lot of our problem before. Has anyone been in a similar situation? I just wanna know if I may be making a mistake...sorry for rambling!!

mandi0986

Asked by mandi0986 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Why not give it a shot? You guys made things work before, and yo have a daughter w each other. No problem in trying things out if he's willing to put in the effort.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 1:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• wish the best for the three of you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i think it'll work ouut this time GL
    samie_01

Answer by samie_01 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Maybe just take your time and see what happens. GL.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 1:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would just suggest that (if you have any desire to do so) you give him a shot to be a real family with you and your daughter. I made the mistake of going back to an old relationship while I was pregnant with my first daughter and I never gave her dad that chance. It has caused TONS of drama for me. Your situation sounds a lot like mine did then. Good luck.
    MarleighsMommy

Answer by MarleighsMommy at 1:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Me and child father was like that too.. I let nature take it course and he ended up getting another woman pregnant, left me for her and then I got pregnant............BTW we still arent together...... just close friends for the sake of our Daughter. Not saying that YOUR daughter father will be that way but if you see a change in him now and want him to stay that way...GET BACK 2GETHER.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i do always believe in second chances if you think he deserves it then you should give it a try if you 2 were meant to be together it will happen when the time is right i hope it all works out for the best
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Thanks you guys! I genuinely want to try & be a "family"...I believe we deserve to all be happy & hopefully it works out that way. Thanks again!!
    mandi0986

Comment by mandi0986 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Remember that some people are better off just friends. That a relationship between two specific people make their friendship harder, because the relationship adds too much pressure. So the fun you're having together as friends may not be a sign that you should get back together. Now, I'm not saying to go for it, I'm just saying. That you need to really look at it and see .. Are you having fun because there's no strings and no commitment? Or are you having fun because things have really changed into a potential situation? All the best!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Try! Just take things slow and make sure you are really happy and it's just not about your baby.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 2:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010