Is a Dyson worth the money?

I am in need of a new vacuum and I love the look of the Dysons. However, I'm wanting to hear from those that have bought them as to whether they're worth the money.

Pishyah

Asked by Pishyah at 1:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Personally, I say no. I had a friend who hated hers. I tried it and didn't care for it either. It didn't do any better than any other lesser costing name brand.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• When they first came out, yes. Now similar technology is available for half the cost.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes, my sister loves hers. It is great for pet hair. It has already paid for its self.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• We have had the purple one for 4 years now and it still has the strong suction that it had the first day we brought it home. Before that we were going through a vacuum a year, and they weren't cheap ones either. I say yes, it is so worth the money!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 2:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Love mine. It feels light, sucks well, goes from wood floor to carpet easy. Good side suction, turns beater odd if it gets caught up.
    Easy to declog if need be. Trick unit. I have to Halo vac and a Kirby....the dyson sucks the best.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Turns beater OFF..so at home with no power on ipad.....new.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I love my Dyson ball, it was well worth the money. I have mostly hardwood and several rugs - the Dyson goes from surface to surface easily. It's also very easy to clean. Its really light, it took me a little while to get used to that. The knock-offs are just that, Dyson has a patent on their technology, there are no comparable products.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I've seen some consumerist comparisons and Dyson wins in those hands down. I don't know if I completely trust those things, though, which is why I asked. My Bissell was the cheapest thing that Walmart had the day I got it and it has lasted 3 years and is still working. I don't take care of it, I don't clean it as often as I should (I used to, though.), and I've never replaced anything on it. The suction isn't all that great anymore. Thanks for the answers, ladies.
    Pishyah

Comment by Pishyah (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My son had one but it didn't seem to pick up that well and the cost was outrageous.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I love mine! Had it for 4 years and still works just as well.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 4, 2010