wic

does wic give you more formula when you stop breastfeeding. right now i bf and formula feed, so i get the milk and stuff and my daughter gets formula. she gets 5 cans. when our next checkup comes i wont be bf'ing anymore, so i was wondering if i will get more cans of formula? thanks, oh im in kentucky if that makes a difference, i figured its the same everywhere.

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 1:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you can get up to like 9 or 10 cans if you are not nursing anymore. It might be a little more but I think they give you half as much if you are nursing and bottle feeding. I would call and ask them so you can plan ahead.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 1:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• probably...with both of my girls I stopped nursing before my appointment. They were getting 9 can's of formula a month
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• oh ya but it may not be enough formula you may still have to buy 1 ca or 2 a month. With my kids I had to buy at least one can a month because they didn't give me enough.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes they'll give u more. I didn't have to buy additional cans.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 1:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yup just tell them and youll get more cans
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 2:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes they will, they gave me 8 cans a month.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 2:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• They will give you what the baby needs, yes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• awesome, thank you ladies.
    sweetjpea

Comment by sweetjpea (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes. They usually dont cover the full amount of what the baby eats but it will be pretty close :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• with jazse when i went to put her on wic they gave me 9 cans a month and when the next month rolled around i had 2 cans left over, now i get 10 cans a month. i know that i will have extra cans but i also remember that with my oldest i would have to buy a can or two but that was when she got to be closer to a year old. so there is the chance that you may have extra but then again you may have to buy a few cans so just be ready.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 2:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010