Potty Training

we are trying to potty train my almost 3 year old. She refused t osi on the potty (hers or the big one) we have tried rewards, stickers, a timer, just about everything. any one have any ideas or advice??

Aranna

Asked by Aranna at 2:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• have you tried letting her pick out a potty ring(it makes the hole on mommy's potty smaller so she can sit on it) and let her pick out a step stool. if you get white and some cheap dry earse markers then she can color the stool how she wants, then all you have to do is wipe it off. I would tell her if you go potty on the potty then you can color your stool and the next time you go potty we can wash off the stool and if you go then you can color again.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 2:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Both my son and daughter used a small potty seat that you placed on the normal toilet seat. That way they didn't fall in. To start off with I took them to the bath room ever hour on the hour. Then upped it by 30 min. the next day or two. I had both of them pick out big children unides. After each time that they used the toilet we did a "pee-pee potty" song and dance or a "poo-poo potty" song and dance. No matter where we were.lol!
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• lol, her seat does have a rind that you can put on the big potty, she just dont want to sit on it. we have tried incentives like giving her 2 m&ms if she sits on the potty and pees and 4 if she poops, she was doing good for a while idk what happened. im thinking shes just stubborn like her dad lol
    Aranna

Comment by Aranna (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm having the same issue. If she is naked, she'll use the little potty...on her own. However, she REFUSES panties and INSISTS on wearing a diaper. When she has a diaper on, she just pees in that and pitches a fit when I even suggest the potty. It seemed like we were doing so good and now we're backsliding majorly. I don't want to be the bad guy about this....I don't want to scar her but incentives just aren't working anymore.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010