I have to do it anon...cocaine adult content

If you found out your SO was using cocaine-any amt- after months of denial, whata would you say? I have this gut feeling he is, and yeah I know allt he signs...but he swears he is not.I am a rational, intelligent, good mother and spouse...and this is the one area I lose it over. Its the lying...so the question is:
if you found out for sure your so was lying aaout something as major as drugs, what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• You cant ignore this one, cause it could cost you guys everything. An addiction like this takes money and is a downward spiral. If all you get is denial from him when you approach him about it then you have to go outside of the situation and get help. Even if he wont take it, you still need it. Also cocaine makes the user aggressive and irresponsible and if you have kids with him you just cant take that chance. Good luck and I hope everything works out ok
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Get him help because i love him!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would kick him to the curb. No coke addict is going to be around me and my kids. If he was willing to get help, then he might have a chance to come back, once he's clean. Get one of those home drug tests and just tell him you will feel SO much better if he took it and it came out negative (Not sure how accurate they are, but he might fess up).
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• tell him if he didnt get help then he could count on never seeing me or his kids again.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• He would either have to go to rehab and prove he can stay clean ....for a long time...OR if he continued to lie, I would file for divorce. I won't stand for anyone using drugs.
    But it IS up to you to decide,based on your experience.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Drug addiction is very serious. I would have an immediate no-nonsense attitude about it. I would tell him to get help immediately and demand weekly at home drug tests. I would monitor all money that he spends and who he associates with. You need to help him stop this addiction now. If he chooses drugs over his family then you 'll have to let him go.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i would tell him to get help (rehab or something) and stop, or i would get a divorce. hard drugs are not something i would put up with, especially once i have kids. hes a grown man. hard drugs can kill you, and land you in prison for 10 years. its disgusting & i would not put up with it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• That's tricky because of the kids involved. Probably make him go to a rehab facility..that or get out

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Confront him, then figure out what kind of treatment plan is required (if any). Beyond that, time will tell. If he began using again, or hurt us financially, I'd have to think about how long-term the relationship could be. Addicts can really hurt a family.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I first would confront him (not in a mean way) but let him know you still love him but if he wants to continue the relationship he has to go to rehab. Let him know you love him and and the kids love him and you dont want to lose him. My step father has been on cocain for years and he has lost everything. Hopefully you can save your SO before its too late. Good Luck
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 2:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010