is it okay to use products with egg white protein in toddlers hair?

such as this..

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?skuId=445082&productId=445082&WT.mc_id=Shopping_Feed_Products_Google_Free_Listing

Its organix serum made with egg white protein...I need help managing my toddlers curly hair. PLEASE feel free to SHARE any produts you use.

thanks ☺

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would use it if necessary on my dd's hair. For my friend, (my dd is only 16 mo. so not much hair) she uses organic detangling spray!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Aww, curly headed babies are so cute!

The egg whites should be fine! It's a real, tested product, so you shouldn't have to worry about weird egg residue. And if you were thinking of the whole "don't give babies egg whites" thing, don't worry - a "toddler" is plenty old enough by now and besides he's not eating it. :)

Regarding products, you could try just a bit of coconut oil. This is used by lots of folks with thick wavy/curly hair in a bunch of different countries. Some use it as a conditioner (leave in for a while then wash out), but I've actually just rubbed a tiny bit through the ends of my hair and left it in. Using too much would make it greasy, but thick curly hair actually can absorb quite a bit of oil and end up soft and shiny (healthy looking). I've heard you could do the same thing with olive oil or coco butter, though I haven't tried it.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 2:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• That should be fine. I use Biolge (sp) on my daughter's hair.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010