feedings.

OK so Jazsmen is 19 wk (born 3-19-10) she is still on at most 4 oz feedings. she does not always eat all 4 oz in one feeding it varies from 1 oz to 4 oz. before it gets old and we need to make a new bottle. is this normal or should she be eating more. I need add that Jazse can only eat similac sensitive formula and the water/apple juice.

puresouthern

Asked by puresouthern at 2:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All babies are different. I should know I had seven. If the Doctor says she's fine then don't worry about it. At her age formula should be enough,although I had one who was eating meat & veggies at 4 wks. If she's falling asleep during feedings & this is the reason she only takes 1 or2 ounces try to keep her awake. Good luck!
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• how often are you feeding her? my daughter was born 3-29-10 and she drinks 6 oz of formula about every 4 hours and sleeps 730pm to 200 am and then for the day @ 630-7am. we are just now starting not to have to feed in the middle of the night. only taking 1 oz is a little strange, maby you are offering it to soon?
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 3:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I know nothing about formula feeding but here's a good link I found:

http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-tell-how-much-formula-your-baby-needs_9136.bc

And a 19 week old should NOT be drinking juice.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 2:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• feed her when shes hungry and she will eat until shes not hungry anymore.
    she doesnt really need juice. just water, unless shes constipated u can give her a few sips of prune juice, or orange juice is shes sick.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would ask your doctor, My lil' one was on the same thing at first. At that age she was at 8oz. Hope you can get some better answers.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 2:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i know that she is so different from my other daughter. and when i took her for her 4 month check up she checked out fine and the doc said that the amount was fine the only thing she found odd was how often she gets up at night 3-4 times for a bottle (she is teething as well) but here lately she is getting up like she did when we brought her home the hospital.
    puresouthern

Comment by puresouthern (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• She should be getting 24 to 32 ounces of formula daily, and if you are concerned she isn't getting enough you can cut out the juice. She doesn't need it. As long as she is getting 24 to 32 ounces of formula, she's getting enough.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Cut the juice and give formula instead.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 3:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010