paternity test reveals 12 yr daughter not my husbands

My husband just found out through a paternity test that his 12 yr old daughter from previous relationship is not his. He found out this possibilty after he ended the realtionship a few years ago. He tried to get paternity resting yr and half ago and judge would not allow. A different judge ruled paternity testing as he daughter is now developing relationship with a man who says he was told is the father. So now, he will go back to court and I am assumign child support will not be issued and his rights terminated as he does not desire to keep relationship. Can the mother be accountable in any way? What are my husbands rights in this matter? Yes he did aklnowlede paternity and had no idea he could not be father but mother also signed that she was truthful that he is the bilogical father?

MS5909

Asked by MS5909 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• This happened to my husband. The girl was 14 when we found out. My DH was never ordered to pay CS-but we did, we bought her clothes, shoes, toys and everything she needed, when she called and said she needed something we sent it and we had money sent to her mothers bank account every 2 weeks. So when my DH was court ordered to do a paternity test we did and it came out as not the father, then the courts asked us if we wanted to file a claim on the mother. We choose not to, but we could have and we would have won and we would have gotten money back. So yes you can and you will most likely win. But to us it just wasn't worth it. and I don't blame your husband one bit for not wanting to be active in her life, she is not his child and I don't think he is a jerk. The girl needs to know who her bio family is.

renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 4:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• if hes been this girls father her whole life, he should continue the relationship as her father wether they are biologically related or not.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• She commited perjury by signing that he was father when he wasn't. I think he may be able to press charges...but what about the girl? He's just going to dump her? It's not her fault.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Wow...love to hear how it goes.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• In some states where paternity does even matter if the man has provided support and acted as the father for that length of time. I'm not sure what will happen if your husband's case though. He should speak to legal counsel. I feel bad for the little girl.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• how is her dh a jerk? its the whore mother who is fuc* with the kids mind telling her she has 10 different daddies. Its not her husbands fault that the mother is messing with the kids head telling the child that he is not her father anymore. poor kid.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Why does he want to abandon his child? After 12 years.... that is is daughter, I feel so sorry for this little girl, is child support really worth giving up your child?? SO sad.....sad

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• spammyann i agree with you!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree with Spammy and Dee! That's her daddy DNA or not!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I cant believe your Husband wouldnt want to keep a relationship with the girl who he thought was his daughter. I mean he was there for her for 12 yr. Who cares if the DNA says he isnt the father but he is still her dad!
    justme581

Answer by justme581 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010