Bringing baby to hospital

My baby niece is on her way, due to arrive any day now. I wish I could visit her in the hospital after she is born however my daughter is only 5 months old and I have no one I can leave her with? Her parents told me it was okay with the hospital to bring her in. Would you take your 5 month old in to the hospital? I don't know if I should?

Ibulili

Asked by Ibulili at 2:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• to l and d? sure
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I took my son, who was one month and one week at the time to the hospital when my friend had her baby.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yup.. I would.. to see a newborn baby--not someone with pneumonia or something!=)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If you have someone to watch her while you run up and see your niece, otherwise, i would take turns with whoever else is visiting her, you dont want your baby catching something
    rjacob2008

Answer by rjacob2008 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I personally would not.. I would not want to run the risk of getting the newborn sick.. And most hospitals now have a certain age to visit with all the illnesses going around. Contact the hospital she is delivering at and make sure your baby is allowed to go there.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• The hospital where I had my kids had a very strict policy about kids going to l and d. If the child was not a sibling they had to be 15 or over to go see someone in l and d. Call and find out the hospitals policy about visitation before you go.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 2:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My sister brought her 3 month old to see me in L&D. it was fine. I would bring my baby. I brought him to see my niece when he was 8 months.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• to the labor and delivery unit and the recovery unit, yes I would. Stay away from places where you know there will be sick people though, like the ER, and use hand sanitizer. Keep her in the stroller with the carseat in it to keep her covered and away from germs.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i see no issues with it. As long as your baby is healthy with no signs of illness.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would, but just bring hand sanitizer and stay away from areas that can have tons of germs!
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 2:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2010