What is the best way strategic way to have a little girl lolol

I want to have a little girl but i have three boys and fear that we will not have one. i have heard the old wise tale about men make the girls and women make the boys but i dont know. lol We are open for ideas lol

SoftMocha

Asked by SoftMocha at 4:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Female sperm like an acidic environment whereas males won't thrive. Eating acidic foods before and during your fertile time will help. Also, sexual positioning the puts the sperm farther away from the cervix (missonary or similar). Male sperm typically live up to 2 days and female sperm live up to 5 days. So, as the male sperm die off the female sperm keep going. And don't have sex everyday either during your fertile time. You need to give the female sperm more of an advantage because they are the weaker of the two.
    shell.bell

Answer by shell.bell at 9:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have heard that the chinese calender or whatever is very acurate, maybe look it up and see what month says that you will concieve a girl just an Idea!
    Anonymous

• alligators can choose the sex of their little alligators by using warmpth. Keep yourself warm in the early stages and maybe that'll help. I know that sounds retarded....but good luck, I hope you get your little girl!
    Anonymous

• ok anaon, that rediculas. the mans sperm decides the sex of the fetus. the fetus has a sex as soon as you concive, keeping yourself warm in the early stages will not determine the gender. hahahahahahahha. there is no postion, no time or anything that will get you a daughter. this question was funny. thanks for making me laugh.
    Anonymous

• the gender of your child is determined by the sperm itself. scientists have found that there are sperm that produce boys and sperm that produce girls. It doesnt matter what postion you are in when you concieve. If a boy sperm penitrates the egg first then there ya go you got yourself another boy. There are so many deserving people in the world who cannot concieve so just accept what you get and be happy and thankful.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 5:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Ok. Follow me here - men contribute a Y chromosome and woman contribute an X chromosome. Healthy babies are made up of 2 chromosomes i.e. YY (boys) XY (girls), Turners Syndrome is when there is an extra chromosome (XXY or YYX). Therefore it is both Mom and Dad that decide the gender of baby because BOTH potentially contribute a chromosome. That is the science behind the gender of a baby. The luck and wonder comes in when the decision is made to have an X or a Y as the 2nd chromosome. (cont below)

madlyinlove412

Answer by madlyinlove412 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• (from above)
    There have been various theories that exist regarding sexual positions that may or may not be true (I tend to err on the not true side, but I don't want to sound too analytical cause it is fun to try and also fun to think that we, in some way, can try to determine the sex of our baby); I tend to believe (and this is just my opinion) that this is a huge part of the miracle of life and we have th Big Guy Upstairs to thank for such an awe-inspiring occurance! Have fun trying those theories out and best of luck in your quest for a baby girl!
    madlyinlove412

• Actually. females are XX and males are XY. Thus all of your eggs carry the x chromosome. Sperm carry either the X or Y. If an X gets into the egg first you will have a girl, and Y for a boy. Thus the gender is ultimately determined by which of Daddy's sperm gets there first.

To be completely honest with you, short of paying a lot of money for procedures, which may or may not be ethical, it's all to chance. Some would say that certain timing can sway your chances slightly 1 way or the other, but you still will not have 100% the gender you want. Shettles meathod would be one that you could look into.

Just keep in mind that you are never going to be guaranteed, so make sure you will be happy with either gender before you go trying.
    Nindia

Answer by Nindia at 6:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I dont think theres a "way" to have a baby girl. I have a boy and I want a girl but hey whatever God ives me I will be happy. Theres 2 many women that want kids and they cant so you should be thankful for whatever you get.
    Anonymous

• embarrassedOops thanks for the correction Nindia... I will blame it on Mommy brain I guess

madlyinlove412

Answer by madlyinlove412 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2008