How do I get my toddler to stop coming in my room at night to sleep with me.

She is 2 and won't take no for an answer. I don't mind when she's sick or once in a while, but she comes in every night and she usually kicks my husband on the floor. I take her back to her room, but then she comes back. What should I do, nobody is getting sleep.

jessmom27

Asked by jessmom27 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We love having our daughter snuggle with us. The day will come when your daughter doesn't want to be near you, so enjoy this!!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• When my daughter did that, I put a baby gate in her doorway. That way, I could leave her door open and still hear her, but she couldn't get out.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Just roll over and make room. That way you will all sleep.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• get a bed big enough for the 3 of you
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If it's earlier than 5 am I take my toddlers back to their bed. After 5 am I just let them stay because the few times I've tried to put them back to bed at that time I've ended up with two cranky toddlers awake. If they come back to my bed, I take them back again and sit on the floor next to their bed until they are asleep. Sometimes I will also take them to the living room and snuggle with them in the recliner until they drift off if I think they will make a fuss about getting back in bed (I'll do pretty much anything to avoid having two toddlers up in the middle of the night).

You might also make sure there is no reason she is waking up. If she's too hot, too cold, having allergy problems, etc. you may need to fix that problem so she can stay asleep. Also, if she's potty training, make sure you limit liquids before bed and have her go potty right before bedtime.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• do you shut her door? your door?
    ours is shut , along w / Harmonis , if not she'd somehow get in too.
    .thickie.thick.

Answer by .thickie.thick. at 2:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Every single time she comes in, you put her back in her own bed. If you don't want her in your bed, then you can't allow her there. You have to be consistent and only when it's convenient. Especially at this age, you have to be all, every time, always. If you put her back in her bed every time she comes into yours, then she will get the message that her place to sleep is her own bed. Trust me, it will be difficult at first, but you will all sleep better for doing it in the long run--unless you have no issues with sharing your bed with her.

Good luck...
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 3:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I put up a baby gate. Even though she can climb over them or knock them down. When it's night time she leaves them be.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My DD is three.. she does that too.. I just simply walk her to the bathroom & make her pee.. and then put her back in bed and turn a movie on.. It usually works
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010