Do you believe that circumcision is multilating a baby? Some say yes I say no...

I believe it is medically necessary.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Absolutely not.. It is a common, normal thing & it actually makes the baby much cleaner and less likely to get infection there.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Nope. I had my son done for several reasons.
    1) hygene
    2) lowers his risk of getting certain cancers as well as UTI's
    3) religious. sign of God's covenant with Abraham
    4) I like the way it looks. - lets all just admit that now.

My husband is not circumsized, and I can't stand to perform Oral sex on him with the extra skin, also, the precum gets trapped in there and is gross and stinky
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 2:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It is more likely to attract infection if not taken care of and cleaned.. Just like any other body part. Not a valid point in the argument. As a parent, I teach my son good hygiene.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It is NOT medically necessary actually. My son is not circumcised and has never had any problems.One thing to think about here.. If male circumcision is not considered mutilation, then why is female circumcision considered mutilation in our culture??? Double standards???
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I disagree with you nothing necessary about it. but I wouldn't call it mutilation either.

Answer by older at 2:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My son has NEVER had an infection and he is almost three years old.. and yes, if you are involved in your children's lives and teach them what is right and wrong, they will know what to do. Circumcisions are NOT necessary.. If they were, don't you think Medicaid and such would cover them? To be close-minded and think that it is necessary to be done, is ignorant. All you have to do is teach proper hygiene!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No. That statement is ridiculous and I hate when I hear it. It's usually said by extremists who are completely irrational anyways.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I think I am gonna type my answers about this topic and save them so I dont have to retype...lol.

I would not go as far as saying it mutilation. BUT I do believe it is not medically necessary. Saying there are benefits to circ...ok....maybe some mild benefits...but there are benefits to being intact as well. The AAP states that they do NOT recommend routine circumcisions.

My son is 7 and never had one issue. I am happy we chose to keep his penis the way God created it.

And I am a Christian and was worried about what the Bible says as well. So I found out! It WAS a convnant with Abraham...a "blood sacrifice" but after Jesus came, he is the only blood we EVER NEED to be spilled for atonement. The covenant no longer stands.

Its mostly done b/c its a social norm...people have a hard time letting go of what their grandma says is good. Or how uncle fred had to have one done when he was 88. lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• actually superrmommy if you are talking about US stats...they are very very close to 50/50.....I'd have to look it up again for the actual numbers...but intact is not far behind :)

If you are talking about WORLD stats....its more like 80% of the worlds population is intact. Europe, Canada, Australia, Africa...ALL leave penis' intact.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No I don't see it that way at all.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010