I NEED HELP WITH MY 4 YEAR OLD SON. HOW HITTES ME AND BITES

HOPEFULL505

Asked by HOPEFULL505 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have triplets who would bite each other when they were babies. My husband and I decided to put something yukky on their tongues. I had curry powder I would wet my finger, dab it in and then wipe it on their tongue. For the most part, it worked and they went long stretches without biting. They are 4 now and each of them bit another last week. When it happened, the one that got bit would come tell me and want me to put "spicy stuff" on the offenders tongue. Each one only bit once during this latest episode. As to the hitting, I would slap them back somewhere so they knew if they hit me I would hit back. They haven't hit me in years. Or, put him in the corner with his nose touching the wall. Anything they hate and just be consistent. He's old enough to know and understand he shouldn't hit or bite mommy.
    tripsmom1

Answer by tripsmom1 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Explain to him that when he hits/bites it hurts you and if he doesn't like it then he shouldn't do it to others. with biting I gave my daughter vinegar and it only took a couple times of her biting me and a mouth full of vinegar to make her stop. Always talk to him about what he did and I use time out. good luck
    mca_parkers

Answer by mca_parkers at 4:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2008