Having twins

Okay people I have been freaking out all day so someone talk to me. According the the research that I've done there are several factors that go into someone having twins. I have several of them. I was breastfeeding when I got pregnant, I already have 5 kids and this would be my 8 or 9th pregnancy(I forget lol) and I am exceptionally tall. I am AA and I was 30 when I received. All of these things are part of the factors that go into conceiving twins. The only thing that I'm lacking is the having twins run in my family. I don't even know what my question is here other than is there anyone out there who can shed some light on the whole twin conception thing. This question is more of a release than an actual call to judgement so if you plan on being meanspirited don't bother posting

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i was pregnant with twins and it was my 4th pregnancy,i have no twins in my family and neither did my bf which made his mother assume that they wern't his and tried to tell me i had to have an abortion because they wern't his and if they were i would be ruining his life cuz we were 19 and we already have a child together and he had a child with someone else. unfortunately i miscarried them about a month later (which i still don't forgive my MIL).but anyways i don't want to sound rude or anything but r all ur kids by the same man?becuz if so that means he's probably really fertile and it could be possible that 2 spermie guys got in there at once just cuz his sperm is really strong (cuz thats what the doctor told me when i asked him about the twins not in my family and obviously my bf is sterile if i was pregnant by him so many timesand now i have a beautiful daughter and #3 is on her way)
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 5:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Only faternal twins run in families. That is the release of 2 eggs at once. Identical twins (one egg spliting after fertilization) are random. The older you are the more chance you will release 2 eggs at once.

Found this: A 2006 study found that women over 35 produce more follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) than younger women......and women with extra FSH may release more than one egg in a single cycle. So while older women are statistically less likely to get pregnant, if they do get pregnant, they're more likely to have twins.
    Anonymous

• "While identical twins generally happen by sheer chance, there are several factors that influence your chances of having fraternal twins"

you do have some of those factors (many pregnancies, AA, tall), so you do seem to have increased chance (not the age though..30 is still pretty young) Anyway, guess you will just have to wait & see eh?
    Anonymous

• this baby's dad is the father to my last two children
    Anonymous