Stuffed peppers?

I want to try to make stuffed green peppers tonight. What's your fav. recipie? Nothing too spicy, baked not fried. Thanks!!

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Just rice, lean hamburger(brown), and tomato sauce stuffed in the emptied out pepper. In the oven to bake and wait till the peppers are soft.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I do mine like Kaylan except I might add corn and instead of tomato sauce, I'll put salsa to give them a southwest flare. And also maybe a little bit of cheese on top.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yep, I make it the same way that kaylan does. Good stuff.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My husband makes them but he uses him own simple recipe. Cooked ground beef, cooked white or brown rice, tomato sauce, and some spices to taste. Then stuff them in the peppers, top with a little mozarella cheese and bake! At least I think that's how he does it LOL.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Mmmmm one of our favorites. Boil the peppers until soft but not too long or they will fall apart. Set aside in baking dish. Saute 3/4 cup of onion and 1 lb of hamburger meat, when browned add fresh tomatoe about 3/4 cup. Then add 1/4 to 1/2 cup rice and simmer following rice directions. When ready add 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese then fill bell pepper cups and bake for 20 mins at 350. I usually allow enough filling that dosent go into the bell peppers because SD dosent like the bell pepper but she likes the filling. Slurp, sooo good!
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 3:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yep that's the way I make them only add cheese just before taking them out.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Green Pepper soup, all the way! Takes out the timely task of keeping the peppers from falling apart. Plus, you can make a lot more and freeze it! If you are interested, let me know. My 2 boys gobble it up EVERY time. I make sooo much, I should be able to freeze it, but it is gone by the next day. lol
    mommyof2moons

Answer by mommyof2moons at 5:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2010