DOMO? brownie monster or what?

has anyone seen the mascot for target's halloween theme?yea well, his name is Domo and he's a japanese character i think. my 1 year old daughter is obsessed with him.even though he looks like a brownie with arms and legs and razor sharp teeth...lol. so much for her being scared of anything..could be the horror movies and pantera tracks i listened to when i was pregnant..or it might be genetics...lol but anyway..my MIL has a huge problem with it and got all upset cuz i bought her her own Domo stuffed animal ( well she actually grabbed him off a shelf and wouldn't let him go). i told her to chill out and that its just a child's toy that she likes..does anyone know more about domo and what he actually is so i can tell my MIL to back off? does anyone else even know who domo is???

xdeviouskittyxx

Asked by xdeviouskittyxx at 4:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• My kids aren't little anymore, and I don't frequent Target, so I guess I'm out of the Domo loop. haha. When my kids were little the "monster" was Cookie Monster or Oscar The Grouch. I remember when my son was a tot, and he went through a "scary stage", where he thought something was scary in his room or something (I can barely remember.....26 years ago)....we used Cookie as the diversion.... "the only monster that's allowed in our house is Cookie". Seemed to work on him.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 5:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• LOL I just saw that DOMO thing and my 2 year old son really loved it as well. He didn't get the stuffed animal though cause he got Curious George DVD instead. I think I'll pick him one up for Halloween, just because I like it too! LOL Tell your MIL to lighten up. She is your daughter and as long as she isn't scared of it than what's the big deal?!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Domo-kun is soo amazingly cute and hilarious. You should google him and see some of the pictures people have posted xD

According to wikipedia, this is what Domo-kun is: "Domo (どーもくん, Dōmo-kun?) is the mascot of Japan's NHK television station, appearing in several 30 second stop-motion sketches shown as station identification during shows."

"Domo, the main character, is described as "a strange creature that hatched from an egg." [5] Domo's favorite food is Japanese-style meat and potato stew, and he has a strong dislike for apples, due to an unexplained mystery in his DNA. Domo-kun is known to pass gas repeatedly when nervous or upset."

LOL! He's just a cute little children's TV show character. Tell your MIL to get over it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2008