can you have teeth pulled while pregnant or while ttc?

should you tell your dentist if you are ttc or if you are unsure if you are pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, you should tell your dentist if you are pregnant, or trying to get pregnant. There are other methods of pain management that can be provided if either situation is related to you. It is recommended that pregnant women go to the dentist since dental issues can cause complication in pregnancy, and yes, you can have teeth pulled.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes because they may want to do x-ray's or give you pain killers that could be harmful if pregnant. If you are TTC you could be pregnant and not know yet.
    Always stay safe and tell them everything.

I have heard crazy stories of people dieing during surgery because they didn't tell their doctor they were taking over the counter sleep aids!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Absolutely tell them. I had a tooth extracted while I was pregnant. They were nervous, I had to jump through some hoops just to be taken care of, my regular dentist sent me to a specialist, just because I was pregnant so he wouldn't touch me. It was weird and a pain in the butt.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 3:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You sure can, just make sure you notify the staff bc of xrays/medications and what not!
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Oh yeah and cleanings are ok to get while pregnant, but anything else- if it can be put off for a few months SAFELY- should be!
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 5:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I did. Had a wisdom tooth go funky so it got puylled. no issues at all!
    dcawoman

Answer by dcawoman at 5:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I am dealing with a toothache right now. I have a dental appt in the morning. I am 25 weeks pregnant. The OB gave me a note to get dental work done but told me to tell them only to do what they have to do to stop the toothache until the baby comes. It's always safer to have dental work done after the baby comes but you don't want to let it go and risk an infection. That could harm you and the baby.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010