Why are we in Iraq?

Why are we in Iraq if the Saudi Arabians are the ones who hit the Twin towers? Osama Bin Laden is from Saudi Arabi and so are the fifteen men from 9/11 that hit our towers? So why are we in a country that has nothing to do with it?

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 4:56 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I wish I knew!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• oil
    Anonymous

• Good frikin question. All I know is I have to live without my husband the next year while I go through pregnancy and raising a baby alone due because somebody thought it was a great idea to go there....GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• i don't even know anymore...i thought we were trying to find bin laden but somehow it turned out into all this....
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 5:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• ok but why are we at war if its over oil?
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 5:07 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• We are not fight a nationality. we are fighting Al-Qaeda. And not all 15 were Saudis 11 were. Al-Qaeda is a world wide terrorist organization headed up by Osama, that has taken up house in Iraq since we invaded. Should we have invaded, probably not but hindsight is 20/20. Should we be in Iraq now, definitely. Even General Pertraeus has said so, "Iraq is the central battlefield", and he is the one who implemented the surge that even Obama has said worked so I think he should know. Nice try though, next time reach a little farther.
    lilac84

Answer by lilac84 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Ok no reason to be rude Lilac I was curious and curious to see if anyone else knew..
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 5:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Sorry, I truly thought you were being facetious. I really didn't mean to be rude, hot-button issue for me:)!!
    lilac84

Answer by lilac84 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• If your hubby signed a contract with the United States Government to join the military to defend this country then it is time to go to work. Offensive? I don't care. My hubby, father, gf, both brothers are all war veterans. You don't take the money in military uniform to not defend this country. If you married him while knowing he was military then you knew you had it coming. He wasn't drafted, totally volunteer military, if he doesn't want to serve then tell him to get out.
    Anonymous

• Iraq and Saddam had something to do with it. Do you know that they found a huge painting in Saddams office that showed him smiling and smoking a cigar with the twin towers burning behind him. We need to be there, not only to deal with the Al-Quida but to help the people of Iraq.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2008