breaking off

lately whenever my son is nursing he will eat a little then pull off look around or smile at me and then act like he's straved. and we have to repeat this until he gets his fill.

anyone know why this has started?

mychocolatedrop

Asked by mychocolatedrop at 5:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is he? My daughter started doing that because she's just becoming so aware of everything. Try going into a low light room with no sound and tell everyone to leave you alone. Basically just try and reduce the disraction. good luck!
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 5:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• SOunds like a growth spurt, it will pass and he acts as though he is starving to up your supply, keep nursing nursing nursing and he will chill out AND up your milk.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I just posted this on another post. It may be what you are seeing. It does sound completely normal, annoying but normal. : )

http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 8:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• lol... glad I am not alone. My baby girl does this but she is ff. Good luck, its a little hilarious, but in the middle of the night, not so funny lol.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• It's just an older baby nursing thing, my son is 14 months and does this all the time, if you plan on nursing for a year or more, get used to it.
    sixzilliondots

Answer by sixzilliondots at 9:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2008