Pain!!!!! (mastitis)

I continue to nurse my toddler. Last Friday he had surgery and couldn't keep food or water down, only BM. Since he nursed more over the weekend I got mastitis. I'm in so much pain!!! I'm nursing mr on that side but that never worked for me before. Any other suggestions??

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Warm showers. They have soothies that you put on your nipples that you buy at the drug store. You put them in the fridge to keep cool. I used those when I was sore from nursing my daughter. They worked!
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I think I'll put a wet washcloth in da fridge instead since I have no time for the store ( he's gonna nap)
    Vero0724

Comment by Vero0724 (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Do you think that you might have a blocked duct? I had that when I was nursing my daughter. I thought that the left side of my left boob was on fire and it hurt like a bleep! I found a small blister on my nipple. Figured out that was the issue. I accidently pooped it though. Milk went shooting across the bath tub. Normally you shouldn't pop them. I got lucky though. The pain went right away.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If you have mastitis you need to get antibiotic medication. A clogged duct can be worked out, mastitis can abcess and require surgery if not treated (trust me, been there). Get to the doctor!
    armywife1229

Answer by armywife1229 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010