how much is a baby supposed to move at 26 weeks pregnant?

I am 26 weeks pregnant. I don't feel my baby move very much. My dr. says everything is fine, but I still worry. Is it in vein?

ishie4ever

Asked by ishie4ever at 3:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• some babies move more than others. if the doc says it's ok it likely is.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• the hospital told me to drink ICE cold coke and lay down on the bed and turn all tvs phones off it has to be completely silent. and then lay there for about 30 mins after that the baby will start moving
    My dd would find a spot in my stomach and wouldnt move for days but this worked wonders
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• cool thanks
    ishie4ever

Comment by ishie4ever (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yep. but don't use it everyday. the baby will find a spot they like and wont move for a little bit, its totally normal.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Im 27 weeks now. and same thing happend to me. my doctor told me im not feeling baby as much because my placenta is in the front which cushions the baby. but i feel him move alot more now. yes drink Ice cold cold water. put a large cup of ice and ice cold water in the freezer and let it get very cold but not freeze of course. and drink the whole cup even eat the ice and lay down 25mins later and u should feel that baby moviiiiiiiiiiiiing! haha try it girl let us knowl.
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 5:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i feel baby more when i'm laying on my side because my placenta is in the front too... but dang it felt like she was doing aerobics early this morning... i just got up because she was kicking so much! first time i've felt her move so much (i'll be 27 weeks on thurs)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:23 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I was the same way at that far along, and my doctor assured me that everything was just fine. I was 200 pounds when I got pregnant, so he also said that my weight was part of the reason that I couldn't feel her move. Everything was fine, and she is now a healthy 4-month-old baby girl. I wouldn't say that your worrying is in vein, but I hope that everything turns out as well for you as it has for me.
    ishie4ever

Comment by ishie4ever (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Mar. 2, 2011