When should your 13 soon to be 14 yr old daughter be allowed to have friends hang out at the house who are boys??

I hava a 13 year old, about to be 14 is it obsurd that her father thinks she is sleeping with everyboy she is friends with? If she wants to have a boy hang out at the house he thinks there is something wrong with that also. Am I the one who is to lenient or is he way off on his thinking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• my hubby thinks that males and females cannot be "just friends"..................I tell him that his opinion shows how little faith he has in his daughter..........as long as they are not going to be alone, they should be fine................
    tiggerabba

Answer by tiggerabba at 3:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• will you be watching them or not?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If you are watching them then why not?
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• as long as they arent aloud in her bed room, and only there when your home i dont see why not...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I think setting some basic rules should be ok as long as someone else is home, like maybe not allowed in the bedroom alone or atleast not with the door shut things like that.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• better to have her have boyfriend over where you can keep an eye on then to be at another house where you have no idea what is going on
    a good opportunity to nip things in the butt, if her behavior is not appropriate

also may give the teen a sense that you trust her,  kids live up to what you expect of them (for the most part)

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If you are home it should be fine. I had more boy buddies than girls. Mainly because only one girl was close enough, all the rest were boys. So it was always her and I and all the boys, one of which was my brother. Oddly enough, my neighbors were never the boys I ended up having sex with later on.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It's good to be cautious, but it's also good to let them have interaction with you around. It teaches them that they can feel comfortable with relationships with the opposite sex. It will also help them learn boundaries, what they can and can't do in your home. Like the other Mom said, it's better to have them there with you, then trying to sneak around to see each other... That's where the trouble starts. We were all teens at one time, just let them know the rules and it should be fine...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Im just going to say I started having sex at 14 and it was because my parents let my boy friend come over. Yeah they watched us and set rules and I was raised in a Christian family so no sex before marriage. I was a "bad child" I guess and snuck him in when they didnt know. Im not saying this is what your daughter will do just saying be careful. By the way I was a teen mom. I got pregnant my junior year. i never had a good relationship with my mom. Use this as an opportunity to connect with her and have the"sex talk". also talk to her about birth control. Let her know if she does become sexually active she can get on the pill. i had to hide everything from my parents and couldnt get on the pill or they would find out. Good Luck hun! : )

josephsgirl86

Answer by josephsgirl86 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2010