So i was watching I love Lucy and

the episode was ricky buying a brand new convertible for lucy. she leaves her son in his crib while ricky, lucy, fred and ethell go downstairs and drive off in the new car leaving the kid all alone in a apartment. i thought that was pretty crazy!
She also doesnt know how to drive in the show either and ricky was refusing to teach her to drive!
So to make this into a question, what are some things your parents used to do with you that now its not a good idea or wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I get told all the time how we were rowdy in the backseat with no seat belts. My mom says when wed annoy her shed slam on the brakes and make us fall in the floor... Lol
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 3:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Fed me fried eggs at two weeks, and continued from there...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i use to hate it when my mom would tell me to act like her sister so she can talk to some guy. I would never do that
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• There were no carseats when we were kids. My Dad made a wooden box for behind the passenger seat in our station wagon and my Mom put in blankets & that's how we traveled as infants. Then we drove to South Carolina from NY in the summer & I rode in the back of the Station Wagon with our dog. I was about 5. Boy have things changed!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• my parents let me strip paint off woodwork using harsh chemicals when i was around 6 or 7
    i thought it was cool to watch the paint bubble up
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Also in the late '70's early '80's my Dad was big on "Yard Guard" & Raid bug spray. We would all be sitting on lounge chairs around the pool & he would tell us to cover our noses & he'd spray & empty an entire can of that insecticide around the yard. We would gag & smell like bug spray but we never had bug bites! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• my dad let me use his skill saw when i was about 7.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Leave a 10 year old child home alone at night for a while. Hell no.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have PLENTY of stories!! The top 3 are...

1. When I was a TODDLER, my mother would tie a balloon around my wrist that she bought at the store, and let me ROAM around! When she needed to locate me she just looked for the balloon!! :o(

2. I grew up in Boston, and by the time I was 8 years old I was taking the train (The "T") into downtown Boston and points beyond ALONE and with peers!! :o(

3. I vacationed on Cape Cod every summer, and starting from the age of 5, I was allowed to walk across the street to the OCEAN, and play and swim by MYSELF and with friends I would meet up with!! That same age, I was allowed to take my big wheel down to the fish pier (about 1/2 mile down the road) and buy myself an ice cream or candy from the store down there! Little ol' me, in blonde pigtails hanging out with scruffy fishermen!! YIKES!!

I swear my mother was HOPING I would be abducted!! :o(
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It seems like they always left that baby alone...sometimes for days on that show! LOL
    My dad used to have me stand up on the center console of his car in the front seat while he zoomed really really fast down the alley..I used to laugh and scream, I got such a kick out of it, LOL
    Lord have mercy...I don't know how I survived,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2010