Weight loss has made my DH insecure i belive

I have recently lost weight keeping it off almost a year now after having 2 babies...and my husband seems soo insecure over my weight loss! Wouldn't you think he would be happy about it..me wanting to look good for him...how do i fix his insecurities?? Its a bit overwhelming:(

HOTMOMS23

Asked by HOTMOMS23 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I would talk to him. Maybe find out why hes feeling this way. Is he scared youll look better and find someone else? Maybe hes heavier set him self and feels like your doing it and hes not? IDK
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 3:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree with the above answer, you may want to find out exactly what is the base cause of the insecurities and then go from there.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would just reassure him that he is still the best looking, most admired man on the planet. I also would not do anything to draw attention to my own body. I would dress modestly so that he is the only one who truly gets to see how good I really look now. If you go to those lengths, he will soon start to relax a bit.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Thanks ladies...no hes actually a defense tactics instructor so he stays in really great shape....im kinda depressed that he doesnt say he hey you look great!! I have 3 boys altogether ....2bio and his son that i am raising so its extremely difficult to work it all in my schedule....oh well thanks again
    HOTMOMS23

Comment by HOTMOMS23 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• He should fix his own insecurities congrats on the weight loss I am currently losing weight. Yay for you though!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You should speak to him about it. Men can sometimes get those insecurities because from their point of view they will always question if the reason their wife/girlfriend is losing weight is for them or because they're looking for someone new. During your talk emphasize that your desire to lose weight is for you, him and your children. Being healthier and more attractive/slimmer, will boost your ego and set a good example for your children to be healthy and active.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Very good point ladies....thank you
    HOTMOMS23

Comment by HOTMOMS23 (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010