What do you do when you don't have money to eat out but don't feel like cooking?

Do you ever just feel like not cooking? It's Tuesday, so we don't have money to just get a pizza or anything (payday isn't till Thursday and it was rent week so we have $0). I have not been hungry for anything lately, just tired of all food. What do you do when you don't feel like cooking what's on the menu, but don't have money to eat out? My hubby will be upset if I don't have dinner started when he gets home... but the thought of cooking is making me sick! LOL

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• peanut butter and jelly sounds god LOL
    TNmommaof1

Answer by TNmommaof1 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I cook anyways for my hubby and I eat whatever I find appetizing, even if it is just cereal.
    BraydensMommy4

Answer by BraydensMommy4 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• On those days I make something extremely simple.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I try to look for different recipes to change things up a bit.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I make whatever is easy and quick and if i dont like it I just snack on something i want
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 4:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• On days like that, I generally heat up leftovers for DS, or he eats canned soup or Spaghettios (which he sees as a special treat). DH and I generally have cereal or something. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 4:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I made a tuna casserole, on the stove, not in the oven, it's too hot for that. Maybe make a big salad with lots of veggies if you have them. Or you could make BLT's and chips... I usually keep extra bacon on hand and lettuce and tomatoes for a quick meal. Hope i helped, if not, sorry...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm in the same boat as you. I want pizza or something take out too, but my husband doesn't get paid until Saturday and he has to pay rent Saturday. I don't have any money saved up to go order anything either. Lost my job. So not sure what to make either. Nothing sounds good and I so don't want to cook today. Maybe pasta? I just don't want to make it.lol!
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• make sandwiches or heat up leftovers
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I just tell them to eat whatever they find that they can make and I make sure to feed our 17 month old. And then I will usually either not eat or grab a bowl of cereal. It doesn thappen often though...cause they get mad over here,LOL.
    But my dh will cook too..so both of us have to feel like not cooking for that to happen.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010