Follow up to the zuccini post I had...

For anyone who can't get their kids to eat it a lot, You can grate it in the food processor or something and throw it into speghetti sauce. It's so fine they don't even know it is in there!! If you freeze it for through the winter you can add it then too.
Anyone else have any interesting tips or suggestions for adding veggies to dishes you wouldn't think of putting it in?

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 4:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I fine grate carrots and add it to the meat when I make pasta sauce. Mainly to get my husband to eat a veggie. None of them have a clue that they are eating a veggie either.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Lasagna, cucumber salad, garden salad, tuna casserole. You can put it in almost anything...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Glenn LOVES vegetables, it's me that has trouble with them LOL. That kid will eat brussels sprouts all day long!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 4:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I know there are a lot of recipes like muffins and breads that you can add sweet potato to. yum.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Spaghetti sauce - mine is only about 1/4 tomatoes, 3/4 other veggies. MY kids DO know, and they love it more than store-bought. Meatloaf. Soups - especially if you blend them to made smooth.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2010