Bleeding during pregnancy

I had the IUD for almost 2 years and had it removed on July 1st. We took a pregnancy test last night and got a positive :D But I'm spotting now. I haven't even made a doctors appointment yet. Should I be worried about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If it is light spotting, and you have not experienced any cramping.. I would not worry too much. It is normal to spot during pregnancy.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Not necessarily. A lot of women spot during pregnancy or even have full on bleeding. A lot of the time spotting at the first of the pregnancy is an indication of the baby implanting into the uterine walls, which is a good thing. If the bleeding becomes heavy, or is bright red it may be an indication of a chemical pregnancy/miscarriage, and you should probably talk to your doctor.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 4:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i had it before,, i got it taken out i didnt like it at all i did bleed for awhile then it stoped and i was prego but i dint have any problems i would call the doc just to be sure goodluck pls update when you find out
    tandie1977

Answer by tandie1977 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I was informed that is normal for some people in the beginning stages of pregnancy. But since you just found out you are positive (congrats by the way!) you have to make your appointment for your o.b. anyways! Inform him on what is going on with you.
    MeghMirab

Answer by MeghMirab at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i wouldnt i was bleeding while i was pregnant and the docs said everything was fine
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010