Boost my supply

I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and I'm nursing my toddler ( if you have something nasty to say about that please just go away) and my supply is dropping. Fenugreek isn't helping niether is Mother's milk tea. Any other suggestions? No, I will not wean her b/c she is not ready and I do not force wean my children. TIA

NoahsMomma418

Asked by NoahsMomma418 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try this!!! it's made for pregnant women so it's safe. http://www.motherlove.com/product/320.html
    stay away from fenugreek because it isn't safe during pregnancy. congrats and best wishes!! thank you for not being selfish, and putting your breastfed childs needs ahead of yours. i wish i would hear things like this more often :)
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Can you try pumping after each feeding. Sometimes this helps. Also you can try Flaxseed.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 4:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Eating oatmeal my help make sure you are drinking enough water. I don't have any other suggestions than that.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 4:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Goodluck I was breastfeeding and pregnant at the same time and my supply dropped because I wasn't eating enough for 4 people....LOL. So I finally upped my food and water intake and had my oversupply back.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 8:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree with the others, plenty of health calories, oatmeal, and fluids. My milk just gradually went away due to hormones, despite my best efforts, and was completely gone by week 20-24 range. However, my toddler kept nursing for comfort, continued to nurse until my colostrum came in, and now I tandem nurse them both. Congrats on the pregnancy!
    Marti123

Answer by Marti123 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Do you nurse on demand? Drinking plenty?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• thanks ladies! yeah, i nurse her when ever she wants. lol usually every hour or so ( she loves to snack). I'm upping my water intake and adding a different nursing tea to see if that helps. I'm going to make lactation cookies during nap time and they have flax seed ( I think ,I can add it if they don't). Thanks so much!
    NoahsMomma418

Comment by NoahsMomma418 (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Thanks! You know, I don't think I'm eating enough even though it feels like a lot for ME it's really not enough for all of us! =) I guess I do have a reason to pig out! =)
    NoahsMomma418

Comment by NoahsMomma418 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Sometimes there just isnt anything that can be done to boost supply in the presence of the extra hormones. She may wean herself if the mild dries up, but she may be able to try again once the baby is born....
    Are you a member of the breastfeeding moms group here? One of the mods just had a new baby a few months ago and is still nursing her toddler, maybe she can help w/ some suggestions to keep up supply during pregnancy.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010