How do you know if someone is a sex addict?

Mamato2angels

Asked by Mamato2angels at 4:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• If they are constantly having sexual intercourse to the point of having sex with strangers, masturbating constantly, and watching porn a lot.. I would say that is a sex addict.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• LOL IF they want it everyday, numerous times a day. If they do it in dangerous ways, like with lots of different men/women. Or if they want it in crazy weird places, like in public LOL
    I would say if these are Common, like daily or weekly practices they could be an addict
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• True sex addiction is rare. It's only widely -claimed due to media exposure, largely it's merely an excuse for poor behavior
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Sex addicts are unable to manage their sexual behavior. It has also been called "sexual dependency," and "sexual compulsivity." Just like any addiction it makes the person, uneasy... sick and sometimes CRAZY when they don't have that release or rush. It is real and it is dangerous.
    MeghMirab

Answer by MeghMirab at 4:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It is a real addiction, but it is also rare. It's been made "popular" by media, as previously mentioned.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 4:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My ex was a sex addict. He would force me to have sex when I didnt want to, he had naked pics of himself of strictly sex websites, he met up with total strangers for sex only, he watched and subscribed to porn sites racking up hundreds of dollars, and last but not least....he paid to have a night with a prostitute TWICE. This is sex addiction and it hurts and destructs yourself and the ones who care about you.
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 5:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i would say it would be hard to identify someone as one..i think its something a person has to admit to themselves.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would think when it entered the relem of interfearing with your normal day to day functioning: missing a meeting because you HAVE to masturbate
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I had a freind along time ago who struggled with this. I guess he looked at porn alot and also went out with alot of women never becoming serious with just one because of his problem.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My SO and I both are sex addicts. It's not as fun as it sounds. It's sick and neither of us can stop. We get very little pleasure from it anymore and no satisfaction but we can't stop. We strive to reach the unattainable. It's constant, intercourse or masturbation. It affects our jobs and family obligations. It keeps us isolated from social functions. It's emotionally draining but at least we both understand one another so we don't have to go through life alone or with some partner who doesn't understand and just think we're crazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010