Is it normal to be hungry every 2 hours

I feel real sick like I starve my self but I eat large meals and still feel hungry 2 hours later when I eat I'm ok when I eat but when I feel full I get hungry so fast

Ahstarr

Asked by Ahstarr at 4:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is recommended that you eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day to curb sickness and increased appetite. I would not over eat though. You only need 200 extra calories per day when pregnant.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i was hungry all the time! eat healthy snacks and lots of protein to help u feel full! it ok to eat u are eating for 2!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• NO its not normal i dnt know y u get hungry 2 hours after u finish eating ur large meals..
    13liz13

Answer by 13liz13 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• eat allot of smaller meals throughout the day. It makes a hugh difference
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 4:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes eating lots of small meals through out the day will help with feeling so hungry. Snack with healthy snacks in between.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 4:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• This happened to me. Before I knew I was pregnant I was beginning to think I had a tape worm- lol! I would be so hungry I felt nauseous. Unfortunately, this partially led to me gaining 60+ pounds during my pregnancy and now nearly 2 years later I still have 20 lbs to lose. Anyway, it helps to drink lots of water which can help you feel full, and to eat little meals a couple hours apart as people have said. If you feel hungry then I say eat, just eat something healthy that has some protein if possible. Keep nuts, granola bars, fruit, etc in your purse so you aren't tempted to get fast food or junk when you are out and about and the hunger pangs strike. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• you have alot less room when you're pregnant and the nutrients are absorbed faster than they used to be absorbed. If you eat snack size portions thru-out the day, it may help:)
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 5:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• smaller meals through out the day is best (i know in my first trimester i had to have something small on my stomach at all times or I would get sick)... in the 2nd trimester if i eat too much i get heartburn so again, small meals throughout...
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:21 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• i really appreciate everyones comment it really helped me alot
    Ahstarr

Comment by Ahstarr (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010