My friends baby is due next month..how do I talk them out of naming their baby this?

Longina Gustabelle.
And, no..I'm not kidding,lol.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 4:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Baby Names

• I usually say stay out of people's business when it comes to baby names, but what in the world? If this is a close friend then you need to plead your case. Ask your friend why she chose that name. Then ask her how she would feel if kids made fun of her baby becuase of the name. If she's not a close friend then there's porbably not much you can do.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 4:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• That one is just asking for other kids to make fun of it...poor kid. LOL
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have no clue. I'd be laughing. Do they know how much that child is going to get made fun of when they hit school age? Have you talked to them about that?
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• ok i have never heard of that name have you tried to give them other names
    tandie1977

Answer by tandie1977 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Here's where you're going to run into your problem, it's their kid and thats what they want to name it. I agree that the poor kid is going to be made fun of or noone is going to be able to say the name, and omg for learning to spell it and write it >< but it's going to be their decision in the end even if you don't agree with or like it.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It is their child.. What does it matter honestly.. Not trying to be mean, but let them name their child what they would like.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If they have their mind made up then there is no talking them out of it.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 4:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Maybe she'll end up going by "Gina" or "Gigi" and be spared some of the embarrassment. I really don't understand why parents feel they need to give their children "unique" names, instead of letting them develop their OWN uniqueness!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Ask what kind of nicknames they have in mind. Maybe it won't be as bad as it looks??
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'd stay out of it. If they want to name their child that, who's to tell them no, KWIM? No one really uses their middle name, and maybe they will come up with a cute nickname for her first name? I feel bad for the kid, though.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010