Has anyone tried to start a home business with "Meleleuca"?

Im thinking about starting a business with Meleuca and need some feedback from anyone who has tried it, or still doing it. Have seen my share of online scams for home-based businesses, a little skeptical. Please any feedback welcome.

mom0f2boyz

Asked by mom0f2boyz at 4:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have not.. Just wanted to bump you.

Most companies like that are pyramids and are usually not worth it unless you have a large down tree that is very successful.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My friend tried, but there just isn't a huge market for it where we are. Plus if you want any of those products you can just order it online. I used the spray in conditioner and loved it, but if I want more, I can just order it from the company.
    I tried to sell Mary Kay, and it was so much more hastle than worth while. I had a full time job already though. But with some things like that, you have to have a certain dollar amt to order, like Mary Kay you had to order $200 worth of product at a time. So if you only needed $75 worth you had to order extra. I ended up loosing a lot of money, I am talking a couple thousand dollars in the end. But some people do well if you have the time to market yourself and constantly make phone calls and "bother" people LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I buy Melaleuca, but do not use it for business. I do like their products, but I don't like that you are required to make a monthly purchase. This is something to consider. You would also have to work hard at finding people interested in buying. My friend sells, but she isn't die hard about getting new customers for the company, so she earns just enough to help discount her own love for the products.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• my moms friend tried to. she ended up putting more into it than she was earning and it took up way too much time trying to sell it. the products were too expensive and noone wanted to buy them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• same here, I didnt sell it personally but my grandmother did. She didnt do to well selling it. I even stopped buying it. I loved all of the products but you have to use 35 points each month After about 3 months I had already bought everything I wanted and didnt need refills of anything. Now my grandmothers friend sells it and makes a crap ton of money. IDK I guess it may depend on how good your marketing skills are and how motivated you are to sell it.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 4:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I looked into that company...just wasn't for me. I didn't like that I HAD to make purchases from them monthly. I found Scentsy to work with. I've LOVED them!!!! Best investment I've ever made. If you're interested in Maleleuca....go for it. Don't let anyone hold you back. But as for me...I wanted to work with a company that I would love to wake up everyday...and say...I can't wait to make some money, meet new friends, and have a great time. Best wishes.
    my2scents.scentsy.us
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 4:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Melaleuca is not a MLM or pyramid. I have been shopping with them over 5 years. It is a legitimate home business with an A+ rating by the BBB. I referred over 30 personal customers. Melaleuca has paid me over $28,000 for the referrals and helping others who want to be a preferred customer and also for helping those who want to start a home business. Of all the businesses here this is one that is financially sound, debt-free, and one of the best compensation plans for those looking for more income. Ask the person that refers you to give you all the information about the company and their team so you can make an informed decision about working from home with Melaleuca.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 4:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yep I did the Business for 2 years (well 1 1/2 solidly...until I found PRe-paid Legal Services...They have a Better service, no products, we never had more than 28 customers in total with Mela in all that time despite my 60 hours a week in work, and in 10 mos I have 95 Associates w/ me already...I made about 7K & change in 2 yrs with Mela, and to date I have made about 1 1/2 times that already with PPL with only 20 hours a week.

And now to add insult to injury there is a problem on their end with my debit card (NOT THE BANKS END!) & they cannot process anything, except interestingly enough my renewal fee. After 2 yrs of never having a backup order or anything suddenly the same account is an issue and they are trying to tell me they need a new CC>..UHH I dont have one that is kinda part of the point w/ the WAH.

So Im cancelling, and I adore PPl and their credentials are better anyway, and the Comp plan Can't be touched
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have been working with Melaleuca for years and love the company. The products are awesome and even if you can "make more money" in the short term with another company, every one of the companies I have seen come along with a "better" compensation plan has disappeared within 5 years.

I don't know about you people, but if I am going to work hard at establishing my business, I want to be sure the company will be around in 20 years.

The company is debt free, HAS NEVER LAID OFF AN EMPLOYEE EVER, and has incredible management.

Not only that, the Renew skin cream cured my daughters eczema.
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 7:54 AM on Aug. 4, 2010