Do you ever feel guilty going shopping just for yourself?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Shopping

• No. But I rarely do it
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Nope! I have needs too!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• NO! I have a 23 yo son who came first...now its my turn!!!
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 4:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Every single time! I always feel bad buying myself new jeans or new shoes. I know I deserve them, but I always pinch my pennies and look for a sale because I feel the money should be put away for things we need instead of things that I want.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Every single time. It was better the past two years b/c I had a small part time job. I just brought in extra cash...but now that I am a SAHM again...I feel like I am taking away from the rest of the family or something.

I know I shouldnt feel that way. I cant help it though.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes, that's why I rarely do... I'm not much into the latest fashion anyway so I don't need the newest and best...

MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I am horrible about this. I hate to spend money on myself. I dont mind like a soda in the store but to get new clothes or a purse or something for myself even at like walmart i feel like that money should have been spent on my familys needs. Maybe once I get a job Ill feel better about it...
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 4:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yep, when we've got extra money and I can buy something for me, I have it in the cart and by the time I go to check out I put it back...
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 4:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No.

My view point in regards to this subject is this.

I do not feel guilty when I shop for my son or husband. I do not feel guilty when I buy them anything they need, want, or just because I saw something and thought of them and bought it.. So why should I feel guilty for doing the same for myself. My needs, my wants, are just as important as those of my family. I do not feel guilty providing for their needs or wants (within reason of course), so there's no reason to feel guilty for providing for my own.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Always!!! I went clothes shopping for myself lastnight for the 1st time in YEARS!! I kept walking over to the childrens section picking out stuff, not that they needed anything but just b/c thats all I do is buy for them or my husband... He got aggrivated at me and said "NO! We came to get YOU clothes" b/c I just had my 4th baby and nothing fits anymore... I felt soooo bad!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010