fundraising.

Im looking for some easy fundrasing ideas that wont cost me an arm and a leg. I have a 3 month old so time is limited but the charity i want to do it for is worth it. 2 boys in my town (brothers) died in july, they drowned. One was trying to save the other and now their parents and the people in my town are trying to raise money to build a skate park in their name (in attempt to rise above the tragedy). I knew the boys very personally, we were raised together and i really want to do something to help fund the skate park, but im not very good at this sort of thing..any ideas???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Avon does a fundraiser, not completely sure how it works though. Try checking with your local schools to see what kind of things they sell for fundraisers and see if they have any contact info. Whether it be candy or Christmas items or whatever. You could always do a good old fashioned bake sale at a grocery store. Or contact your local ball park to see if you can sell food items during games. These things will require help, but I'm sure you could find some assistance from other wonderful people like you!Good luck, its great that you are doing this!

chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• avon does,im doing one now for my mom and her son who they both have chrones and cancer and about to lose everything due to hospital bills,all you have to do is find a rep,who will do the fundraiser for you,and half the money that you make off the bears goes to the orgnaization or what not,but thats the only fundraising i know of.it bently the bear fundraiser for avon.the bear is 19.99 and like ten dollars for each bear that is sold goes to the organization or other.
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 8:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• NEED ANY MORE HELP LET ME KNOW IM an avon rep
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 8:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I think the cheapest way to go might be some kind of raffle...the dirt cheapest being a 50/50 raffle...you don't even have to buy a prize, just a double roll of tickets.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Oh, and P.S. a lot of times the winner will donate their half or a portion of their half to the cause as well.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I sell discovery toys and know they do fundraisers. Alot of the home party business do. Bake sales are always good. And yard sales. If you are wanting to make something you could make holdiay pins and sell them. Go online to oriental trading post. They have kits you can buy. The pins are like big safety pins and then you add beads and charms. They cost is under 50 cents for each and if you sell them even for a dollar the price adds up. Hate to say it but most people want to buy something cheap, even if it is for a good cause. Also think about doing a silent auction. Have business donate something and different community organizations. One of the places my husband used to work for did this for a coworker with cancer and they raised alot of money.
    discoverytoygal

Answer by discoverytoygal at 12:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I recently made some dry erase tiles. Buy regualr ceramic tiles at home depot then use rubons on them. tape off everything but the rubon and spray with gloss sealer. you can drill holes in the top or use a plate holder. I have seen stamped ones on sale for 10$ a piece. Also talk to local resteraunts and see if they will agree to donate a percentage of a nights profits. All you would have to do is advertise it. Come eat at Joes on Tuesday a portion of the revenue that night will be donated to ......
    mosarmywife

Answer by mosarmywife at 8:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I think a community yard sale. It's free! And you can really make a lot of money. If other people don't want to join, just ask them to donate things they don't want. Then at the yard sale you can do some of the other things mentioned above. (the bake sale, the dry erase tiles, the pins, and the raffle tickets.) You could also have a BBQ at the park and sell plates. Good luck and I sincerely hope you make enough for the skate park!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Hi that is so sad! If you are still looking for ideas here is one that is very popular. Let me know how I can help. Take care, G This is just a sample:

The Awaken Fundraiser for Your School Here

Please help us by purchasing at least one Awaken Sea Salt Scrub at $30.00.

This Fundraiser starts May 1st and ends June 1st.

Our Goal is to sell 100 Scrubs.
    We get 100% of profits on the sale of the Sea Salt Scrubs.

.

Thank You for Your Support!

Your School Fundraiser Here

GIFTOFARBONNE

Answer by GIFTOFARBONNE at 5:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2008