What is essential to include in a routine when starting a child in daycare?

I'm a new mom and will be taking my son to daycare starting in September. I want to make sure I go ahead and start preparing me and him for that time since it's fast approaching.

tabarker76

Asked by tabarker76 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i found it easy to find out what time the day care takes there naps well if he is a toddler and try to get the baby to take a nap around the same time at home other then that it should be an easy transition .make sure you label all his stuff that you send in with him
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• The daycare provider will hopefully give you a list of the essentials he'll need, such as number of sheets, clothes, etc.

Put his first and last name on everything with a permanent marker. Stuff gets mixed together occassionally, so you'll know what's yours or not.

Don't stick around at the center bemoaning leaving him. Save your tears for the car . Babies pick up on this real fast from a young age, and you'll make him more upset if he sees you're upset about leaving him.

anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Make sure you have a "bye bye" routine instead of sneaking out the door. Your LO will handle parting from you a lot better. Also, both my kids had a favorite blankie that they had with them at naptime.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2010