Has anyone's babies experienced a sudden change in sleeping habits at 4 months?? She went from sleeping through the night to waking up every 35 minutes to an hour...

She is eating well and napping on her normal routine. However, she is irritable during the day and spitting up a lot.

apreston

Asked by apreston at 5:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im in the same situation! my daughter will be 4 mos on oct 21..... she refuses to sleep in her crib at all too...only with me or in her pack n play. Last night she woke up at 11 (went to bed at 10) and stayed up until almost 3 and this was after no real naps all day. just a few little mini catnaps! if you figure something out please let me know
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• You might want to talk with your ped about the spitting up. It may be time to introduce foods or change formula. Also my ped told me to let my son play and nap/ but no longer than 60-90 min after around 2pm so they will be ready for bed. I also have a bedtime routine that is started at 7pm and my son is usually in bed by 8pm. Good luck adn hang in there; hopefully it is just a phase.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 5:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html

Check out this article. It should help to put your mind at ease. Even if you don't bf it still pertains, it is called The Wakeful 4 Month Old.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 8:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• this happened to my son at about 4 1/2 months. I was told that he is teething and that can cause it.
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 10:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I dont know if its common, but I m going through the same thing. My baby girl is 5 months old... I am pretty sure she has an ear infection (we have an appt in the morning). She was sleeping 12-13 hrs per night, and now she wakes up like 25 times... Fewf... we both need sleep lol.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Check out this terrific new products that helps babies sleep better and longer. www.magicsleepsuit.com.
    Anonymous