Military wives Only....

how do you deal with deployments?

thank your SO for their servive btw.

my husband will prob be deploying within next 6 mnths and I am curious to see how wives or SO deal with their so's deployment..

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 4:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Staying as busy as possible and establishing a solid routine everyday.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• ^^ what she said. plus both deployments I went back to Utah it was easier when I had friends and family for support.
    TikkiNippets

Answer by TikkiNippets at 4:42 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My ex husband is military, when he was deployed I would go out a buy a handful of cards, paper, envelopes and stamps and I would right to him every chance I could (which was just about everyday). And getting letters from him was assuring that things will be ok till he gets home.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Of course that's when we was married.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• (ex spouse here) I just continued like normal. went to work, took care of the house and so on. I also was lucky enough to live close to my parents (still do) so on extra lonley nights I stayed there.
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My DH just retired Did his 20 years. I did 18 of the 20 with him as his wife. I think it take a certain type of person to be a military wife/spouse. You have to not mind being on your own. Doing everything yourself. When my DH would be gone, I would just carry on like I always did. You do get lonely. But he will be back.

Answer by louise2 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I am military wife, but have not had to live through a deployment yet. My sister-in-law is currently halfway through one, and she has taken up a new hobby. She's started sewing girls dresses.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Keep busy, see a chaplain on post, have fun with your kids, and pick up a hobby.....I volunteer, sew, garden, and clean....LOL its a hobby to me :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• well during the first deployment i was prego and also in the military so i was busy with work and being pregnant. this deployment i am now a civilian so im home pretty much all of the time. i started doing things for me and it has helped to pass by the time. i started back working out, im back in school, and i take care of the kids and do things to get out of the house every now and then.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010