my 2 month old son got his 2 month shot today. the doctor said he would probably be cranky. about how long would he be cranky and any advice on ways to comfort him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i always give my kids some tylenol before the shots it seems to ease the pain .i know the recall is going on right now but you can get store brand and its not effected by the recall .as of right now i would just give him a warm bath and some tylenol or mortin
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If he starts to run a fever make sure you have a fever reducing medicine on hand. I know from experience that you don't want to be running out in the middle of the night for it.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• When my daughter would get shots she would be cranky for a couple of days sometimes. I would just give he Tylenol or Motrin and let her rest as much as she could. That and lots of lovin' is about it.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 5:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• He should only be cranky for a day or two, if that long. My son really was only affected by the shots the first time he got them. (he's 9 months old now.) Tylenol can help, or a warm bath. I found that just some extra love and snuggles does the trick.
    AuroraMoon

Answer by AuroraMoon at 5:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• The just kinda feel icky. Just snuggles should do. If baby is feverish and just unhappy, a dose of tylenol is ok an hour after the shots. Giving it before shots isnt recommended anymore cause it can hide a reaction to the shot and decrease the effectiveness :) The 2 months werent a problem at all for my son. The 4 months he reacted to a little, he had about an hour of fussiness, but the 12months were horrible. He was lethargic, laying on the floor whining, and running a high fever. That isnt the usual case though so dont let it scare you. Its all par for the course though.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• it varies from kid to kid. my first and second as soon as we left the doctors were fine. the third waited until we pulled into the driveway.my kids really weren't cranky.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I nursed my daughter immediately after her shots and she was fine right after. About four hours later she started crying (more like screaming) on and off for about an hour. I tried to comfort her and nothing worked, so I just ended up holding her until she finally fell asleep. I did put earplugs in, though. Once she woke up, she was back to herself again. At her 4 month shots, she was similar, only the crying fit lasted 20 minutes and then for 6 and 9 months, she didn't act fussy at all.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• For a few days. I would just nurse her for comfort and if she gets really miserable some tylenol
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 9:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2010