I have heard a couple times that if you roast a garlic it is really good. Does anyone know how what you would eat it on or with? And is it really strong? And how do you roast one? Thank you!

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• email me if ya want some tips on garlic, I use it everyday :) huge tip? if sauteeing it? do not over cook it or it will be bitter and icky.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Oh it mellows out the flavor, mmmmmmm. You can use it as a spread on crusty bread, or if it is too strong, mix it with butter and use it the same way. you can use it is pasta sauces for a softer flavor. You can use it any way you would normally use garlic, but it is a more mellow, sweeter flavor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• its good if you like garlic lol. ok take a whole clove and peel the outter paper off, then cut off the bottom(the pointy end)but just the tip. place cut side down on a shallow baking dish that has olive oil added, cook until fork tender(sorry not sure exactly how long) at 400(you can google i fast to see cook times)...when its done the cloves basically will fall right out of the head/skin...and you can eat it like that, but its strong. I like to let the cloves fall into the oil, then mass slightly, then I mix with the oil and spread over fresh crusty bread. yum, now I want some. :) garlic is so good for you, just stinky lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• When you roast garlic it is a creamy, spreadable consistency, to be used on bread, bruschetta, add it to cream cheese,or bean dip for extra flavor.It can be used in pasta dishes like pasta with roasted garlic, olive oil, broccoli and Parmesian cheese, soups and
    sauces, and vegetables like green beans, mashed potatoes, etc.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Another way............Take the garlic bulb and cut off about 1/2 inch of top. Drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in tinfoil and bake 35 minutes at 350 until it is soft. Let cool a little and then squeeze the garlic out of the individual clove sections. Yummy
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• When I roast garlic, I take a whole bulb, like the shape of an onion, I leave them all together, then just cut off the top. I dip the top in olive oil and place cut side down until they are brown and toasty looking. You will be able to tell. I then take each of the individual cloves and peel off the skin. I smash them together with butter, or I chop them with fresh tomatoes and serve on toasted french bread slices. Oh, they are good. You don't get that 'bite' that raw garlic has.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 4:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Take the whole thing of garlic and wrap it in tinfoil and bake it. You can spread it on french bread. Why don't you Google it?

Answer by louise2 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I LOVE roasting garlic! It makes the kitchen smell sooooo good. I have a bread recipe that calls for roasted garlic. you basically peel off whatever skin you can, chop off the top, and sit it in some olive oil. I cant remember the temp. or the timeframe, but you basically wait till it is brown and you crush the garlic out once it's cooled a bit!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• okay thanks SleepingBeautee! Yes I could google it louise2 but it was easier to ask on here and I get real people with real answers.
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• oooo cream cheese idea is so good sounding...dang it I am out of garlic(stomps off) lol
    Bearsjen