2nd time moms! HELP!!!!

lets just start off by saying I have been in labor since April of this year. I am currently 37.5 weeks thank god. I have been on bedrest my whole pregnancy and on meds to stop my contractions. For the past week I have had dizziness, chest pain, head ache, arm and leg numbness(like I'm drunk and they are heavy). My blood pressure is fine and so is my heart..had an EKG. My doc can't really explain any of it. Also my right side is KILLING ME!!!!! i am not exaggerating. I keep figuring it is my son pushing his feet into my ribs. When I was preggers with my 4 year old it did not hurt this bad and he came out 4 weeks early and weighed 9lbs. Can any second time moms sympothize and say they had the same problems? My ribs and back hurt so bad I literally scream and cry in pain. I scared my husband and son half to death last night. I am also having pretty strong contractions. I see my doc 2morrow. should I push for him to induce me?

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 4:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i am working on baby #3 and i have never had any of this happen to me .if you are not getting the anwser you want from your doc why dont you just go to the er
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• awww mom! (hugs) hang int here sweetie,,, almost done now...maybe he will have some advice to ease the discomfort? have you tried laying on your left side and drinking alot(and I mean gallons) of water to ease the contractions? I feel so bad for you but just think soon that little angel will be here...hang on mom, hang on...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I can. I was in pregnancy prison for an entire month at the end. I too went into early labor. I had a son who was 12 months old. We were living 1000 miles away from home, military....and it was a nightmare. I at first was in a hospital over 2 hours away so couldn't even see my hubby every day. And to bring the 1yr old was not the best thing. Too long of a drive then too much to keep him contained to a hospital room. We had to spend over $1000 to get my MIL a plane ticket to come stay a week and take care of our son. Then put him in a temporary home day care for a week while my hubby worked those days. Then the other 2 weeks our son stayed with friends. It just sucked all around.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would definitely push to have this baby as long as there isn't something else going on here that will put you or the baby at risk.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• @britme- because the ER and Labor & Delivery are no help. I went to the ER for my EKG..all they do is call my OB.

@Bear- thanks hun! yeah I lay on my side all day and my doc has me on strict orders to drink NOTHING but water because the Ketones in my urine is high. I know it almost over but this sucks lol. I think I'm just going to nag at the doc when I see him tomorrow..maybe he'll get sick of hearing me and give in lol.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i was waitressing with my second one and my boss kept yelling at me cuz i hurt when i walked and couldn't bend very good. he made think i was just trying to get out of mopping the floors. but i know my second labor was longer and harderthen my first and third.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• damn i though second labors were easier and faster...i hope mines not as long as my first one---28 hours...yuck!!!!
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would make sure they check the devolepment of your son's lungs and if his lungs are strong enough you should then push them to induce you. I never experienced your symptoms but I was in agony with my first child, I was three days past due when they decided to induce me and after 3 days of induction drugs I finally got to the point where they broke my water which made the contractions stronger but they were still too far apart to bring on active labor and I had to fight for them to give me a c-section. The doctor wasn't happy about it but after my daughter was born the doc came in and said I made the right choice, at the time I didn't know why she had such a change over me having the c-section and I later found out my baby wasn't breathing when she was born and that she was in fact in trouble during the labor even though all her stats were normal and I also have a narrow pelvic bone and wouldn't have been able to deliver her
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• @ mom of 2- I have already had a betamethazone shot to develop his lungs...that was at 32 weeks. on the 9th of July he was already weighing 6lbs...i wonder if he is just too big?
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Hang in there mama...looks like you have alot of us pulling for you.Your DR. will more than likely admit you and induce labor.If he doesn't,I'll be very surprised.Be brave little warrior! : ) It's almost over.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 5:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2010