crocheters: how do you sc decrease at corners if the project goes in rounds?

I am making slippers. For the finishing touches to get a nice edge, the instructions say to sc in a couple of rounds....ok no problem. But then she says to decrease around the edges. I'm just confused. How would I sc decrease if it's a round pattern? Form a square shape with my hands for a visual and do it then?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• oh btw, SO told me perhaps she meant "decrease at th edges which would finish off the project. But she was so clear everywhere else I'm sure she would have written that instead
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• From Crochet 911...

(1) The simplest decrease is to skip a stitch.

(2) The following decreases, which crochet two stitches together, do not leave a hole in the work. In single crochet, insert the hook in the next stitch, yarn over and pull yarn through. Instead of completing the single crochet, insert hook into the next stitch, yarn over and pull through so there are three loops on the hook. Yarn over and pull yarn through all 3 loops to make 1 decrease.

Simply put the decrease where you want the corners. Without actually reading the pattern I can only guess...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010