when should I start planning the baby shower

n should I invite his side of the family even though I really dont know them all to well?

jorhmommy

Asked by jorhmommy at 5:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Start any time. And yes, his side should definitely be included.

Answer by Bmat at 5:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Usually someone throws you a shower (sister, friend, co-worker) and yes, you invite his side of the family...actually, invite as many people as you can! Babies are expensive and shower gifts help a lot.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You can plan the baby shower anytime but usually you have it 6 weeks-2 months before the due date. Yes invite his family. They will come if they want to be a part of that babies life and yours.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• they should be included, but usually some one else throws the shower for you.....you just help
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You don't actually plan your own shower. Of course invite his family. They'll want to celebrate too.
    tennisgal

Answer by tennisgal at 5:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Whenever you want to and yes include his family GL
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I had a baby shower 2 months before my due date. I had just enough time to get what was left on my registry and put everything together for the baby. You should invite his family. I didnt know half the people at mine, but the more people you invite, the more stuff you get! Just make sure to send thank you notes:)
    Tori8426

Answer by Tori8426 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i would start asap. and yes, i would invite them. unless you want to have a seperate shower for that side of the family.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would never plan my own shower (very tacky IMO) but showers are usually 4-6wks before the due date! You should definitely invite both sides of the family tho!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 5:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My baby shower was July 25th and I am due September 5th. My mother-in-law actually threw it for me because I have no family on my side that is local and would throw one. I am sooo grateful. I would so have his side of the family invite though, it will help in getting you stuff and act as a way to meet and get to know his side of the family. Which to me is important, the more family a person has, the better in my mind.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 5:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010